Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

 the Good
Christmas lunch was delish. Thank you Eileen!
I've been working on my 2017 life and business plan. Lots of good changes coming up. The big news is that I plan to spend most of my time in Joburg. I miss that city and its people; and my younger sister and her family just moved there from Durban, so it will be great to see them more often.

I emailed a friend based in China asking him about the possibility of licensing rights to my children's stories in China ( Big reason why you should keep the copyright to your stories). His response was overwhelmingly positive. Thank you for your support, Ramon.

Baby is still looking to secure accommodation in Cape Town. A business friend based in CT has agreed to go view a flat that we saw online and think could work for Baby. Thank you Josephine! Much appreciated.

Our Christmas celebration gave me inspiration for a short story for an anthology call I want to respond to.

The Bad

It has stopped raining and Phokeng weather is reverting to its old "grill -the-citizens" state. I miss the wet weather.

My vegetable garden looks like a jungle, because I haven't been able to take care of it for months. Looking at it hurts and I don't have the energy to do anything about it.

The Ugly

Yesterday I contacted SARS trying to sort out some things and was informed that I'm being audited for 2007. Ouch!

Lesson learnt: In order to become a successful writer, I just have to suck it up and take care of the business end of things. No "I don't like admin."Just do it or pay someone to take care of it because down the years, it can come back to bite you on the butt.




No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.